A waterfront resort, The Rod ‘N’ Reel, with decades of repeat guests and high expectations, overcame staffing shortages and gained insight into guest experience with BluIP’s Artificial Intelligence Virtual Agent, AIVA™
With a unique setup, The Rod ‘N’ Reel hosts four restaurants, gaming, a marina and several other upscale amenities for its guests. However, like so many other hotels and resorts, they felt intuitively that their front desk staff was facing a challenge handling the incoming call volume while also assisting guests at the hotel.
While not specifically certain as to the root cause of this challenge, the resort began reviewing their internal systems, features, and capabilities to better understand. Most uniquely, the hotel was unable to identify the call volume data such as:
- Busiest day of the week
- What time of day do guests usually call
- Number of calls
- Where the callers originate
Without the ability to understand call volume data and guest patterns, the hotel would be unable to identify true challenges, because of this, the hotel reached out to a new provider, Allbridge, for assistance. During the needs analysis process, Allbridge identified an additional gap in the hotel’s guest information which would improve the overall processes:
- Why are guests calling
- How many guests are calling
- How many of these guests are repeat callers
- How much time are front desk staff spending on each call
Because of this gap, Allbridge recommended additional products and features to the hotel to assist in its guest solutions. The primary product recommended to the hotel was AIVA™. Utilizing AIVA™ at this hotel would allow them to not only understand why guests call but also reduce the number of calls the front desk received by answering common guest questions about the property like:
- Restaurant information
- Hotel amenities
- Hotel policies
- Availability and Booking Reservations
- Hotel FAQs
BluIP® was able to implement AIVA™ for this resort, partnering with Allbridge, without disrupting the guest experience. The full product suite implemented at this hotel included:
- Hosted PBX/Telephony
- AIVA™ for anyone calling the hotel’s main phone number
- AIVA™ for anyone inside of the hotel Prioritization of caller types
With the Hosted PBX and Telephony solution in place, BluIP® analyzed call data to improve the implementation of AIVA™. Once implemented, this oceanside resort began to see incredible results. BluIP began measuring data points such as:
- Call arrival patterns
- Reasons for calls
- Outbound call patterns Revenue generating call data
- Geo-specific call patterns
Delivering these results real-time, online through its product AIVA Connect™ Business Intelligence, the hotel now had full, transparent visibility into their guest experience. Within 90 days, BluIP saw over 97% success and more than 50% revenue generating calls prioritized.
Next, The Rod ‘N’ Reel will utilize AIVA Connect™ Integrations to connect PMS, POS and middleware to complete the caller experience. This will improve the hotel’s results and outcome.
AIVA Connect™, a single-pane-of-glass solution, combines artificial intelligence, an operator console, interaction workflows and ticketing tools along with system integrations. These products are then measured and monitored through data analytics custom-built by BluIP®.
With AIVA Connect™, users have access to:
- AIVA™, Artificial Intelligence Virtual Agent – ensuring that calls are answered 24x7x365, with consistent and measurable responses.
- Operator Console – Enterprise grade telephony and interactions, all through a web browser. No downloads required.
- Integrations – Connect to any API by AIVA™ or the Operator Console. Simplify the agent experience by bringing all systems into one console.
- Interactions – Custom workflows with narrative call interactions. Reduce training time for your agents, web-based and fully transparent results.
- Business Intelligence – See real results in a rich and visual way.